Legion of Mary
Wednesday Mornings 8:00a.m. Meetings for Adults
in the Lion’s Den building (behind the church)
Wednesday Afternoon 4:00p.m. Meetings for Children up to 17 yrs. old
An association of Catholic laity who serve the Church on a voluntary basis
in almost every country.
- Do you want to learn more about the Catholic faith?
- Do you want to enrich your prayer life?
- Do you want to develop close Catholic friendships?
- Do you want to grow closer to Jesus and His Mother?
Then come as a guest to a Legion of Mary meeting,
Wednesday Mornings at 8 a.m. in the Lion’s Den.
There’s no obligation!
- WHAT IS IT?
- The Legion of Mary is the largest apostolic organization of lay people in the Catholic Church, with well over 3 million active members in almost every country of the world. It has been active in the United States since 1931, has been approved by the last 6 Popes, and was endorsed by the Second Vatican Council. The main purpose of the Legion of Mary is to give glory to God through the sanctification of its members.
- WHAT DOES IT DO?
- Members become instruments of the Holy Spirit through a balanced program of prayer and service. Works include door-to-door evangelization, parishioner visitation, prison ministry, visitation of the sick or aged, crowd contact, religious education, visiting the newly baptized and meeting the other spiritual needs of the parish community. Legionaries are under the guidance of a spiritual director who is usually the pastor. The Legion is, in essence, an extension of the heart and hands of the pastor.
- HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Members meet once a week for prayer, planning and discussion in a family setting. Then they do two hours of definite work each week in pairs and under the guidance of their spiritual director.
- WHO CAN BELONG?
- The Legion of Mary is open to all Catholics who:
- Faithfully practice their religion;
- Are animated by the desire to participate in the Church’s apostolate through membership in the Legion;
- Are prepared to fulfill each and every duty which active membership in the Legion involves
- HOW DO I START?
- The first step is to be a guest at a meeting of the Legion of Mary. Guests are always welcome and can go on one of the work assignments with an experienced member if they choose.
- HOW CAN I GET MORE INFO?
- For more information call the parish office at (760) 941-5560